On the track, we had a solid performance on Wednesday. We had significant improvement in the running events from two weeks ago (last meet). In the field events, we struggled a bit. We had too many miscues to overcome. None of those miscues were from lack of effort. We just had a few things go against us. We will work to get those cleaned up moving forward.
Overall, we finished second in the nine team meet, but as I stated from day one, regular season meets are glorified practices. Track is all about getting better each week and putting everything together when it counts (region and state). I am pleased after two meets, but we must keep working!
This week we host Bethlehem, Brentwood, Briarwood, John Hancock, Monsignor Donovan, Piedmont, Stratford, Twiggs and Windsor. I am expecting some really good competition. I am looking forward to seeing us compete at a high level.
The meet begins at 3:30pm. I hope to see everyone there!
Here are the results from our last meet on March 24th. Listed are the athletes that scored in their events.
• John Milledge - 159
• Gatewood - 127
• Briarwood - 104
• Trinity Christian - 95
• Bethlehem - 37
• Westfield - 33
• Windsor - 26
• John Hancock - 11
• Thomas Jefferson - 11
• Shot Put: 4th - Garric Embry (38-5.5) 5th - Cam Huskins (35-7.5)
• Discus: 7th - Will Harper (83-0)
• High Jump: 6th - Blake Callaway (5-4)
• Long Jump:
• Triple Jump: 3rd - Bryce Johnson (40-2)
• Pole Vault: 2nd - Dakota Davis (8-0)
• 100m: 2nd - Evan Bennett (11.47) 7th - Jamari Welch (11.67)
• 200m: 1st - Jamari Welch (23.69) 5th - Evan Bennett (24.59)
• 400m: 4th - Jackson Crowe (54.42) 6th - Landon Wilson (56.16)
• 110m H: 1st - Justin Jameson (18.00) 2nd - Ben Paxson (18.11)
• 300m H: 1st - Blake Callaway (45.53) 2nd Justin Jameson (45.84)
• 800m: 5th - Greer Luttrell (2:24) 7th - Luke McNeill (2:27)
• 1600m: 5th - Greer Luttrell (5:30) 7th - Jack Scheinder (5:35)
• 3200m: 5th - Parker Rainey (13:14)
4x100m: 2nd - Team #2 (45.59) 5th - Team #1 (46.46)
Team 2: Noah Bennett, Landon Wilson, Evan Bennett, Jamari Welch
Team 1: Luke Haley, Bryce Johnson, Blake Haley, Jackson Crowe
4x400m: 2nd - Team #1 (3:59) • Blake Callaway, Justin
• Blake Callaway, Justin Jameson, Landon Wilson, Jackson Crowe